Sunday, November 26, 2006

Vinnie and Moon Festival

Hank, Vinnie, and Joyce. Vinnie is my one of my best friends here. His niece Joyce has sprouted up so quickly it's hard to believe and she's in Highschool already, wow.
Here is some loot from the Moon festival. The moon cakes are from Starbucks and they had to be specially ordered in. They were coffee flavored, of course. I'm not usually fond of moon cakes but these ones were pretty addictive and I wound up scarfing 8 out of 10 of them! Yummy, and the thanks go to Dr. Dennis Chen, a private student I have conversation class with. He was kind enough and thoughful enough to order them for the Moon Festival and give them to me as a gift. To the right is a jar with sweet preserved plums that you take out and add to water hot or cold. Vinnie's mom, sweet Grandma that she is, wouldn't let me leave without a gift and Vinnie showed me how to make the drink. It's sweet and sour at the same time.
Close up of the moon cake. That's a penny sized coin in the background and it was supposed to be so you could tell how big the cake was, but here it looks huge! The taste was huge, that's for sure. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home